Copyright Newtonhill Parish Church 2014
Newtonhill Parish Church (Church of Scotland)
Scottish Charity No. 005679
Originally a small country parish with a church history stretching back to 1843, the last 19 years have seen a period of growth and challenge being met. Following the link with Portlethen in 1982, a new Church was opened in September 1987 in the heart of the Newtonhill community.
As the Church roll grew from 244 in 1987 to 362 in 1992, we began a campaign to have a minister of our own. In 1992 our persistence was rewarded and a new minister was inducted in August 1993. Over this period the Church congregation met the challenge of purchasing a new manse, raising funds to repay its loans and starting new organisations.
As the roll continued to grow to its current figure of 354, congregational life has developed with a hard working membership and a flexible approach to worship. There is a wide age range of members and a warm friendly atmosphere.
Here are some photographs of the church being built.